Please take a few moments to learn about our privacy policies and contact us if you have any queries.
How we can help you
1 What information is collected by us and how do we use it?
1.1 What information is collected by us
In order for us to serve you with our services, we will ask you to give personal information that is required to do so. We will only collect information that is required for the specific, precise, explicit, and legitimate objectives for which it was collected, and we will not treat it in any way that is incompatible with those goals. You have the option of providing the information we’ve requested, but in most circumstances, if you don’t submit your personal information, we won’t be able to perform our services or reply to your inquiries. We may collect the following categories of information, depending on the service you choose:
1.1.1 Information you provide to us
Any personal information you supply to us that is required for the service you select may be collected. For example, when you log in, you may provide us with your Hanley Online Store Account information; if you want to get news or updates from us, you may provide us with your email address.
1.1.2 Information that we collect in your use of services
We may gather log data about your activities, such as cookies and IP addresses. Log data is information about how you utilize specific features on the websites. Cookies and IP addresses, for example, network request information, normal system logs, crash information, and log information generated by using the services are all examples of data (such as access time, activity time, etc.). We use aggregated data from several sources to improve your experience with our applications and websites.
1.1.3 Non-personally identifiable information
Other types of information that are not directly or indirectly related to an individual and may not be defined as personal information under applicable local regulations may also be collected. Statistical data collected when you utilize a given service is one example of such information (e.g. user clicks, browsing behaviours, page access events). The goal of this type of data collection is to improve the services we offer you. How you use our services determines the type and amount of information we gather.
Such data is not personal information in its aggregated form because it cannot be used to identify you. Non-personal information combined with personal information, on the other hand, will be treated as personal information.
1.2 How we use the personal information that we collect
Personal information is collected in order to offer you with services and to ensure that we comply with all applicable laws, rules, and other regulatory obligations. This entails:
- Providing, processing, maintaining, improving and developing our services to you.
- Handling your questions or requests about our services, such as sending notifications.
- Providing marketing and promotional materials and updates, as well as other pertinent promotional activities. Unless otherwise stated by relevant regulations, you may opt-out of receiving some types of promotional materials by using the means provided in the message (such as the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the message). Please review the section below titled “Your Rights.”
- Internal purposes such as data analysis, research, and development of statistical information related to the use of our services for improvement.
- Storing and maintaining information related to you for our business operations (such as business statistics) or for fulfilling our legal obligations.
- Other purposes with your consent.
We may combine this information with other information (including information across different services or devices such as computers, mobile phones and other connected devices) to provide and improve our services and content. For example, we may use your Hanley Online Store details in all services you use that require a Hanley Online Store Account.
2 Cookies and other technologies
Technologies such as cookies, tags, and scripts are used by Hanley Brand and our third party service providers and business partners (for more information see “How we share, transfer, and publicly disclose your personal information” below). These technologies are used in analysing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movements around the website and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis. These technologies help us better understand users’ behaviour, tell us which parts of our websites people have visited, as well as facilitate and measure the effectiveness of web searches. We treat information collected by cookies and other technologies as non‑personal information, except where Internet Protocol (IP) addresses or similar identifiers are considered personal information by local laws.
- Log files: As true of most websites, we gather certain information and store it in log files. This information may include Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. We do not link this automatically collected data to other information we gather about you.
- Local storage – HTML5/Flash: We use Local Storage Objects (LSOs) such as HTML5 or Flash to store content and preferences. Third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on our sites also use HTML5 or Flash cookies to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tool for removing HTML5 LSOs.
3 How we share, transfer, and publicly disclose your personal information
We do not sell any personal information to third parties.
We may sometimes share your personal information with third parties (as described below) in order to provide or improve our services, including offering services based on your requirements. If you no longer wish to allow us sharing this information, please contact us at
3.1.1 Sharing that you actively choose or request
With your explicit consent or at your request, we will share your personal information within the scope of your consent/request with specific third parties designated by you.
3.1.2 Sharing information with our group
In order to successfully conduct business operations and to provide you with all the functions of our services, we may share your personal information from time to time to other Hanley Brand affiliates.
3.1.3 Sharing with our group’s ecosystem companies
Hanley Brand works together with a group of companies forming the Mi Ecosystem. The Mi Ecosystem companies are independent entities, invested and incubated by Hanley Brand, and are experts in their fields. Hanley Brand may disclose your personal information to the Mi Ecosystem companies to provide you with and improve the existing products and services (both hardware and software) from the Mi Ecosystem companies. Some of these products or services will still be under the Hanley Brand, while others may use their own brand. The Mi Ecosystem companies may share information with Hanley Brand from time to time in relation to products or services under the Hanley Brand with Hanley Brand to provide hardware and software services, bringing better features and user experience. Hanley Brand will take appropriate management and technical measures to ensure the security of your personal information processing, including but not limited to the encryption of your personal information.
3.1.4 Sharing with third party service providers and business partners
To provide performance measurement, analysis, and other business services, we may also share information (non-personal information) with third parties in aggregated form. We use the information we have to help our business partners evaluate the effectiveness and coverage of their services, and understand the types of people who use their services and how people interact with their websites, apps, and services. We may also share general usage trends of our services with them, such as the number of customers in a particular group of people who purchase certain products or engage in certain transactions.
In accordance with legal requirements, legal procedures, litigation and/or requests from public agencies and government agencies, Hanley Brand may need to disclose your personal information. If the disclosure is necessary or appropriate for national security, law enforcement, or other matters of public importance, we may also disclose information about you.
In order to enforce our terms or protect our business, rights, assets or services, or to protect users, or if the disclosure is reasonably necessary for the following purposes (detecting, preventing and resolving fraud, unauthorized use of the service, violations of our terms or policies, or other harmful or illegal activities), we may also disclose information about you. (There may be occasions when Hanley Brand may collect, use or disclose your personal information without your consent if it is and only to the extent it is permitted under applicable data protection laws). This may include providing your personal information to public or government agencies; communicating with third-party partners about the reliability of your account to prevent fraud, violations, and other harmful behaviours.
In addition, we may share your personal information with:
- our accountants, auditors, lawyers, or similar advisers when we ask them to provide us with professional advice; and
- investors and other relevant third parties in the event of an actual or potential sale or other corporate transaction related to an entity in the Hanley Brand Group; and
- any other third parties, if authorized by you to do so in relation to a specific disclosure.
Hanley Brand will not transfer your information to any subject except in the following cases:
- Where we have obtained your explicit consent;
- If Hanley Brand is involved in the merger, acquisition, or sale of all or part of its assets, we will notify you of any changes in the ownership, use, and any choice of your personal information you possibly possess by email and/or by posting a prominent notice on our websites.
3.3 Public disclosure
Hanley Brand will only publicly disclose your personal information under the following circumstances:
- Where we have obtained your explicit consent;
- Public disclosure based on law or reasonable grounds: including laws and regulations, legal procedures, litigation, or at the request of the competent government departments.
4 How we store and protect your personal information
4.1 Hanley Brand’s security safeguards
We are committed to keeping your personal information secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure or other similar risks, we have put in place all legally required physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect from you. We will ensure that we safeguard your personal information in accordance with applicable law.
For example, when you access your Hanley Online Store , you can choose to use our two-step verification program for better security. When you send or receive data from your Hanley Brand device to our servers, we make sure they are encrypted using Transport Layer Security (“TLS”) and other algorithms.
All of your personal information is kept safe and secure on secure servers in secure facilities. We categorise your data according to its relevance and sensitivity, and we ensure that it is secure to the needed degree. We have unique access restrictions in place for cloud-based data storage, and we assess our data collection, storage, and processing procedures, as well as physical security measures, on a regular basis to protect against unauthorized access and use.
We perform due diligence on our business partners and third-party service providers to ensure that your personal information is protected. We also ensure that these third parties adhere to proper security standards by enforcing contractual limits and, if necessary, conducting audits and evaluations. Furthermore, our employees, as well as those of our business partners and third-party service providers who have access to your personal information, are bound by enforceable confidentiality duties.
To increase our employees’ knowledge of the necessity of protecting personal information, we undertake security and privacy training courses and tests. To protect your personal information, we shall take all reasonable and legally required actions. However, you should be aware that Internet use is not completely safe, and as a result, we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal information sent to or received from you via the Internet.
We handle personal data breaches in accordance with applicable data protection law, which includes notifying the relevant data protection supervisory authority and data subjects when necessary.
4.2 What you can do
You can create a unique password for Hanley Brand by not giving your sign-in password or account details to anybody (unless that person has been duly authorized by you) to prevent password leaks to other websites, which could compromise the security of your Hanley Brand account. Please do not reveal the verification code you received to anyone if at all possible (including those who claim to be Hanley Brand customer service). When you sign in as a Hanley Online Store user on Hanley Brand websites, you should always sign out at the end of your session, especially if you’re using someone else’s computer or a public Internet terminal.
Hanley Brand will not be held liable for security breaches caused by a third party gaining access to your personal information due to your failure to keep your personal information secret. Regardless of the foregoing, you must promptly notify us if there is any unauthorized use of your account by another Internet user or any other security breach. We will be able to secure the privacy of your personal information with your aid.
4.3 Retention policy
5 Your rights
Controlling your personal information
5.1 Controlling settings
Hanley Brand understands that everyone’s privacy concerns are different. As a result, we’ve included some of the options Hanley Brand makes available to you to limit the collection, use, disclosure, or processing of your personal information and modify your privacy settings, such as signing in or out of the Hanley Online Store.
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for the aforementioned purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us at https://hanleystore.com/support
5.2 Your rights to your personal information
Depending on applicable laws and regulations, you have the right to access, rectification, and erasure of any other personal information that we hold about you (hereinafter referred to as the request).
You may also access and update the details relating to the personal information in your Hanley Online Store at https://hanleystore.com/account or by logging into your account on your device. For additional information, please write to us or contact us at https://hanleystore.com/support
(1) Through Hanley Brand’s specific request submission channels, which are given below, and your request should be in writing (unless the local legislation expressly accepts an oral request) to ensure the confidentiality of your personal information;
(2) Provide sufficient information to allow Hanley Brand to authenticate your identification and confirm that you are the subject of the requested information or a legal representative of the subject.
We will respond to your request within any term set out under your applicable data protection regulations once we have obtained sufficient information to establish that it can be processed.In detail:
- Based on the requirements of applicable laws, a copy of your personal data collected and processed by us will be provided to you upon your request free of charge. For any extra requests for relevant information, we may charge a reasonable fee based on actual administrative costs according to the applicable laws.
- If any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, you are entitled to have your personal information corrected or completed.
- You have the right to seek the deletion or removal of your personal information if there is no compelling reason for us to maintain it based on the requirements of applicable legislation. We will take reasonable steps, including technical measures, to examine the basis for your erasure request. Due to relevant law and/or technological restrictions, we may not be able to remove the information from the backup system immediately if the right is upheld. If this is the case, your personal information will be securely stored and isolated from further processing until the backup can be cleared or made anonymous.
- You have the right to object to certain types of processing, and under certain circumstances where the legal basis for processing is our legitimate interests.
Particularly under the laws of some jurisdictions:
- You have the right to have the processing of your personal data restricted by us. Your request for a restriction will be considered on the basis of the grounds you provide. If the grounds are applicable to GDPR, we will only process your personal data in accordance with GDPR and will notify you before the restriction is withdrawn.
- You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you.
- You have the right to apply for your personal information in a structured, commonly used format and transmit the information to another data controller.
We have the right to refuse to process requests that are frivolous, infringe on others’ privacy rights, are extremely unrealistic, require disproportionate technical work, or are not required by local law, such as requests for information that has already been made public or information given under strict confidentiality conditions. It may also be rejected if we consider that certain parts of the request to delete or access the information will prevent us from legally using the information for the aforementioned anti-fraud and security purposes.
5.3 Withdrawal of consent
You may withdraw your consent previously provided to us for a particular purpose by submitting a request, including collecting, using, and/or disclosing your personal information in our possession or control. Based on the specific service you are using, you can visit the Hanley Online Store management center at https://hanleystore.com/account or contact us at https://hanleystore.com/support We will process your request within a reasonable time from when the request was made, and thereafter not collect, use and/or disclose your personal information as per your request.
Depending on the extent of your withdrawal of consent, please note that you may not be able to continue receiving the full benefit of Hanley Brand’s products and services. The withdrawal of your consent or authorization will not affect the validity of our processing carried out on the basis of the consent up until the point of withdrawal.
5.4 Cancelling a service or account
If you wish to cancel a specific product or service, you can contact us at https://hanleystore.com/support for logout service.
If you choose to terminate your Hanley Online Store account, you will no longer be able to access the full range of Hanley Brand products and services. In certain instances, cancellation may be avoided or postponed.
6 How your personal information is transferred globally
We shall comply with all applicable regulations if we need to transmit personal information outside of your jurisdiction, whether to our affiliates or third-party service providers. By applying uniform protections, we ensure that all such transfers comply with applicable local data protection regulations. Please contact us at https://hanleystore.com/support to learn more about the precautions we have in place.
7 Protection of minors
We consider it the responsibility of the parent or guardian to supervise the child’s use of our services. However, we do not offer services directly to a child or use personal data of children for the purposes of marketing.
If you are a parent or guardian and you believe that the minor has provided Hanley Brand with personal information, please contact us at https://hanleystore.com/support to ensure that the personal information is removed immediately and that the minor is unsubscribed from any of the applicable Hanley Brand services.
8 Do I have to agree to any third party terms and conditions?